Tuesday, November 9, 2010

though it pained me

i knew a guy once who heard the gospel; he refused to accept it for this reason: the gospel isn't fair; it punishes an innocent and helps the guilty.  true, so true.  but i say, if you're a little evil, go ahead and be evil all the way: let the innocent man pay for your crimes..and walk away free.

with that experience as background...
one day, i realized that, though it pained me, it was good for me to be one of those in the crowd who shouted 'crucify Him'.  one day, i realized that, though it pained me, it was good for me to walk away like barabbas (who was guilty), and leave Jesus (who was innocent) to die.

and what was this pain???it was my pride screaming out: "i'm better than the crowd" , "i'm better than barabbas".

do you want to get rid of your religious pride??? join the crowd and shout "crucify Him" (through tears if must be).  be barabbas: walk away and let Him pay (weeping all the way if must be).  but, whatever you do, agree with God that this is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment